Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaking of water

4 posters

Go down

Leaking of water Empty Leaking of water

Post  kawai Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:05 am

The bottom of the boiler is leaking out water and I am about to be away for two weeks time, could you please advice me whether this could be a easy DIY job or does it need to be fix by a engineer.

Many Thanks,

Kawai

kawai

Back to top Go down

Leaking of water Empty Re: Leaking of water

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:28 am

Hi Kawai,

Sadly this is usually a terminal fault. The internal store is leaking and there is no way to get access to locate the leak as the store is encapsulated in urea formaldehyde (or similar) foam. You'll have to drain it before you go away then have a new appliance fitted when you return.

Cheers Mike

kawai wrote:The bottom of the boiler is leaking out water and I am about to be away for two weeks time, could you please advice me whether this could be a easy DIY job or does it need to be fix by a engineer.

Many Thanks,

Kawai

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Leaking of water Empty leak

Post  David Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 am

Hi Mike,

I also have found water at the bottom of my pulsacoil 200 unit and there is a limescale trail on the casing coming down from the top thermister but I have also been told that the copper cylinder itself is corroded and leaking, thus rendering it beyond repair. It is less than 5 years old and I find it difficult to take that it needs replacing after such a short time. I would be very grateful for your opinion?

Thanks,

David

David

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike the Boilerman Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:49 am

Hi David,

If the trail is the source of the water then the copper cylinder probably isn't leaking. If it is a dry trail though and there is still water at the base then yes you probably have a leaking store cylinder. No way to mend it. You'll have to replace the appliance. Hard to swallow but the orginal Gledhill Water Storage Ltd have gone to the wall so you're stuck with paying for it yourself no matter how young the unit may be....

Sorry!

Cheers, Mike

David wrote:Hi Mike,

I also have found water at the bottom of my pulsacoil 200 unit and there is a limescale trail on the casing coming down from the top thermister but I have also been told that the copper cylinder itself is corroded and leaking, thus rendering it beyond repair. It is less than 5 years old and I find it difficult to take that it needs replacing after such a short time. I would be very grateful for your opinion?

Thanks,

David

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Leaking of water Empty Replacing unit advise

Post  kawai Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:52 am

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your advise, I am back from my holiday and it wasn't too bad for the three weeks that I wasn't at home, but now I start using the unit again and it is getting worst, could you please give me an idea of how much roughly would it cost to replace the unit, and is it best to go for another makes and model since there is so many problem with this boiler.

Kind Regards,

Kawai

kawai

Back to top Go down

Leaking of water Empty Pulsacoil BP

Post  sunny.sahdev Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:09 am

Hi Kawai,

If you are looking for the right Pulsacoil system for your property, you can find more information via the links listed below:
Pulsacoil BP
Pulsacoil BP Manual
Pulsacoil Replacement

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down