Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate II - Corrosion - Can anyone advise?

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate II  - Corrosion - Can anyone advise? Empty Boilermate II - Corrosion - Can anyone advise?

Post  shodder Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:02 am

Hi,

I'm hoping for some advice with regard to the following:

We've got a Boilermate II, I have just noticed that the part with the electrical cord attaching the Boilermate to the 'Water Heater' override switch (Has the name 'Shel' on it and voltage details) is corroding from the outside, it also feels hot to the touch, but I'm assuming that could be due to the fact it is attached to a hot tank? We don't actually use this switch (I believe it's for emergencies if boiler isn't working).

I've contacted our Complete cover insurance and corrosion is not covered (obviously not complete cover then!) they put me in touch with the company they use in this area (to ask their advice). I phoned them only to be told there are no engineers there and they don't really give advice without appointments.

So I am now in the position of not knowing whether this is normal wear and tear, or whether it is in need of urgent repair. Or as we do not use this override can it be left as it is.......

The system is all working well though.

I would appreciate any advice......

Thanks

Suzanne

Last edited by shodder on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total

shodder

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II  - Corrosion - Can anyone advise? Empty Re: Boilermate II - Corrosion - Can anyone advise?

Post  shodder Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:32 am

Anyone got any advice? I would really appreciate it......

shodder

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II  - Corrosion - Can anyone advise? Empty Re: Boilermate II - Corrosion - Can anyone advise?

Post  naphadep Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:30 pm

shodder wrote:Anyone got any advice? I would really appreciate it......

I suspect you are having similar problem which I had some time back. Apparently, the immersion heater terminals are prone to corrode and that's where the hot water starts leaking from.

I suggest you get a local engineer to inspect and get the immersion heater changed if need be. The part is not very expensive but labour could cost you more if it's an emergency job.

naphadep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down