Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No hot water in the morning after 2 showers !

2 posters

Go down

No hot water in the morning after 2 showers ! Empty No hot water in the morning after 2 showers !

Post  kiwishh Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi there,

I just moved into a new flat with a PULSA COIL A-CLASS.

The flat has been built in 2007 so I guess the boiler is not too old though..

First, I am wondering if there is any warranty on this kind of appliance and for how long ?

Also, my problem is that after two (quick) showers, the water goes colder and colder until cold water.

All the display seem to be fine, when I press the S2 button I can see:
S1 -> 78
S2 -> 70
C0 -> 56
c0 -> 56

The little flashing green button showing that "the system is running normal", is blinking.
I can also see that "on peak supply present" and "off peak supply present" are green. Nothing else.

Does somebody knows what's wrong??

Thanks a lot in Advance,

Kevin

kiwishh

Back to top Go down

No hot water in the morning after 2 showers ! Empty erratum

Post  kiwishh Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 pm

the lights are orange, not green sorry...

kiwishh

Back to top Go down

No hot water in the morning after 2 showers ! Empty Re: No hot water in the morning after 2 showers !

Post  Mario.S Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Your Pulsacoil is an night storage water heater. If you are on say economy 7 electric tariff and your boiler is heated up last night you get about 120 to 200 litre of hot water out ( depending on how big your unit is, from 120 l to 215 l ). All your taps run on main pressure, means, your Shower run on 12 l / min means after about ( course you mixing a bit of cold water to this) 12 to 15 minutes you used all your hot water for the day !!!! till next morning.
get in contact with your electric supplier and ask for a change of your tariff to economy 10 ( this is also in you installation leaflet in your Pulsacoil), this is automatically heating your Pulsacoil also 2x during the day , an stat only once over night.
I hope this helps
Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

No hot water in the morning after 2 showers ! Empty Re: No hot water in the morning after 2 showers !

Post  kiwishh Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:39 am

hi thanks a lot Mario.
I have another question, when I press the button S2, I have the following codes:

S1: 78
S2: 70
C0: 56
c0: 56

what does it mean ??

kiwishh

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:23 pm

regarding your readings from the PCB

S1 -> 78
S2 -> 70
C0 -> 56
c0 -> 56
S1 is sensor 1 , 78 is *C , S2 are the settings and C0 is an old error code ( locking error) and c0 is also an privies and old Error code ( locking errors)
the error 56 is pointing to an privies fault on your relays / electric power supply from off peak fault ( depending on the version of your PCB)
If your Pulsacoil is not indicating any flushing LED ( faults), there is nothing wrong with this,this error 56 is not in the Manual any more. You could swop your PCB for an new version , but we talking about a fue hundred pounts for the new PCB. If your unit is still working ok and not indicating any faults,i would not change the pcb at the moment.
if this helps
regards Mario

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwishh Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:28 am

oh i see, yes indeed it helps a lot !
so the only thing that makes me not having enough water for 2 showers in the morning is because of the electric supplier ?

kiwishh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down