Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff

2 posters

Go down

Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff Empty Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff

Post  skydancer Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:11 am

I just moved in to a new flat which is equipped with the Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 mains pressure system. I already figured out what is its main principle of operations, but still have problems with getting warm water. First of all, the flat is powered by a single, flat electricity tariff. There are no off-peak nor on-peak hours. I double checked that: my electricity meter says it is a single rate electricity meter, and yesterday I was finally able sort out which company is my electricity supplier. The British Gas’ operator confirmed I run on a standard tariff.

Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff 29qcvf7

Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff 244cqox

As you can see there are two switches next to the Pulsa Coil. The top one labelled “Hot Water On Peak” is just the main power switch for the device. If I turn it off, the device will be powered down. The bottom one labelled “Hot Water Timer” is somehow connected to the timer next to it. And last but not least is the timer itself. The problem I have is despite the Pulsa Coil has been switched on for 3 days now (so I guess it is enough for the initial warm-up) I have just tepid water. I can’t even call it warm. The top tank is filled with an appropriate amount of water. The interesting thing is that when I press the booster button, I get very nice, warm, and nearly hot water. My understanding is that the timer should initialize the bottom immersion heater in particular hours, but I think it just doesn’t do that at all. Is this how the system should operate when connected to the standard tariff?

skydancer

Back to top Go down

Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff Empty Re: Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff

Post  mike Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 am

PC A class.
Needs a supply to work.
As in the pump and control PCB & sensors.
So top switch on.
Unit will not heat on boost unless black button is pressed.
Next is the off peak.
Yes it is the bottom heater.
If on and working the unit will heat up.
Feel the big pipe on top of the unit.
If hot and I mean hot. Then you should get hot water.
If it is cold you will not.
Remember the unit needs a supply to work.
Oh and get on E7 ASAP.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff Empty Re: Pulsa Coil “A” Class APA4200 running on standard, flat electricity tariff

Post  skydancer Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:45 am

Mike, thanks for your prompt reply. I will check if the pipe on the top of the unit gets any hot. My guess is that it is not.

And of course the top switch is always on, as it provides supply.

Thanks!

skydancer

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:43 pm

If not.
Then you need to check is there a supply from the off peak timer?
If there is, next would be check the relays.
Also go through the fault codes on the ACB
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  skydancer Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:18 am

Just an update for this issue. We just had a bolierman visit. The unit itself is perfectly fine. It is the timer which is faulty and does not trigger the bottom immersion heater to work. Thank you guys for your help with this.

skydancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down