Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler.

3 posters

Go down

No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler. Empty No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler.

Post  Ian Gowans Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Help!

I have just been on holiday for 2 weeks but before I went I switched off the boiler at the wall (without realising that it should have been left on). When I came back I switched the boiler back on and had hot water for a week.

However, I now have no hot water but I have felt the DHW pump (I think? It is black in colour and looks like a pump) and it feels very hot but the pipes leading to and from it are luke warm. There seems to be no unusual noises coming from the unit.

The feeder tank at the top is full to the maximum line.

Can you help with my problem?

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by Ian Gowans on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more information)

Ian Gowans

Back to top Go down

No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler. Empty Re: No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler.

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:24 am

Hi Ian,

The high temperature of the pump motor suggests it is seized. Try giving it a sharp clout with a hammer. If that doesn't free it then unscrew the big silver screw to expose the motor shaft then spin the shaft to free it using a smaller screwdriver. No need to turn water OFF, just a slight dribble of water will come out, catch in in a dish or a towel.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler. Empty No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler.

Post  Ian Gowans Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi Mike,

Fantastic, it now works! Yes you were correct the pump was stuck and thanks to your advice it is now free and we have hot water.

Thankyou very much for your help it is much appreciated!

Kind regards

Ian.

Ian Gowans

Back to top Go down

No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler. Empty Still an issue

Post  aruna1412 Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am

Hi

I tried the suggestion from you to use a hammer to remove block. That did not work..do I need to hit it hard? I am afraid that the motor may break down due to this.

I tried then the other suggession of opening the screw and rotating the shaft, but that was not successful..I saw some small hot water drops dripping around the shaft, but the shaft itself did not move..

Any advise

Thanks

aruna1412

Back to top Go down

No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler. Empty Re: No hot water from the pulsacoil class A boiler.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down