Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thermostat over ride

2 posters

Go down

Thermostat over ride Empty Thermostat over ride

Post  lodenve Mon May 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to start by saying hello. I'm new to the site and am hoping its an absolute god send as my Gledhill boiler has not been the most reliable piece of kit I have ever owned, and no one in the civilised world seems able to fix them!

My current issue seems to be a thermostat issue.

We noticed that the heating seemed to be on for long periods, irrespective of how warm the house actually was.

The thermostat still 'clicks' to suggest it is working but it is not.

We switched the boiler from hot water and central heating to hot water only. However, the heating still came on and we think this coincided with turning a hot water tap on. The thermostat 'clicked' when turned down but the heating remained on.

The only way we can now ensure the heating stays off is to switch the boiler off.

Can anyone shed any light on this please, we'd be truely most grateful!

lodenve

Back to top Go down

Thermostat over ride Empty Re: Thermostat over ride

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri May 07, 2010 12:51 am

Hi lodenve,

The heating is operated by the control board. If the heating continues with the room 'stat turned down this suggests control board failure or room 'stat failure. If the heating also continues with the time switch set to OFF this makes it virtually certain to be control board failure, as otherwise this suggests both the room stat AND the time switch have failed in the ON condition together. Vanishingly unlikely.

I think your Gulfstream needs a new 'ACB' control board.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lodenve Fri May 07, 2010 1:10 am

Mike the Boilerman wrote:Hi lodenve,

The heating is operated by the control board. If the heating continues with the room 'stat turned down this suggests control board failure or room stat failure. If it also continues with the time switch set to OFF this makes it virtually certain to be control board failure as otherwise both the roon stat AND the time switch would have to have failed in the ON condition together. Vanishingly unlikely.

I think your Gulfstream needs a new 'ACB' control board.

Cheers, Mike

Thanks Mike. Is this pricey and is it possible to fit myself?

Many thanks.

lodenve

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri May 07, 2010 2:27 am

Yes and yes!

Strictly speaking you ought to be GAs Safe Registered to replace a circuit board on a gas appliance so you would probably be stepping outside the law to DIY, but I think the safety risk is small in this specific case.

Get one from www.segel.co.uk

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lodenve Sat May 22, 2010 3:44 am

Thanks again Mike. We had some work done on the boiler a little while ago, I'll check with them what parts they replaced, hopefully this was one of those which can be replaced under warranty.

Why do Gledhill boilers go wrong all the time?!

lodenve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down