Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final question - Boiler kicks in of it's own accord, even if hot water is on timed!

2 posters

Go down

Final question - Boiler kicks in of it's own accord, even if hot water is on timed! Empty Final question - Boiler kicks in of it's own accord, even if hot water is on timed!

Post  AnthonyR Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:49 am

Hi all,

Final question of the 3 here - we have out heating set to timed, but it would seem that as soon as hot water is used, the boiler will start. Even if it's timed to come on from, say 07:00 to 08:00, and you turn on a tap at 08:30 to fill up a washing up bowl, the boiler will kick in.

Is there a thermostat overide?

Any ideas?

AnthonyR

Back to top Go down

Final question - Boiler kicks in of it's own accord, even if hot water is on timed! Empty Re: Final question - Boiler kicks in of it's own accord, even if hot water is on timed!

Post  mike Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:17 am

Hi
Have you the book?
If not down load one from Gledhill.
The timer is only for the heating.
The BMII is on all the time.
If you use hot water and the temperature drops inside the store.
It will ask the boiler to heat it up.
The boiler needs to be on max.
Mike.

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Final question - Boiler kicks in of it's own accord, even if hot water is on timed! Empty Re: Final question - Boiler kicks in of it's own accord, even if hot water is on timed!

Post  AnthonyR Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:21 am

Hi mike
Thanks for input. I have the service manual but not operator manual. I'll try get hold of that.

One question - why does the boiler need to be on maximum? Ours is set relatively low since I expect the gas bill to significantly increase should we turn the power on the boiler up.

The boileris a potterton netaheat profile 50e.

AnthonyR

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:08 am

Because the unit is a thermal store.
It controls the boiler.
When hot enough it will switch the boiler off.
Anything less than max setting is a waste of time and not economic.
User instruction book can be down loaded from Gledhill site.
Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  AnthonyR Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:27 am

thanks for Advice Mike, will turn boiler up to max tonight

(I've actually taken gas readings over the last 2 days to see how many units we are using. I will compare that to our usage over the next 2 days and see which is using more gas.)

AnthonyR

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:33 am

The store should be around 70c
The heating should not work unless its 60c min.
The timer works the heating nowt else.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down