Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boilermate 3 next installment

2 posters

Go down

boilermate 3 next installment Empty boilermate 3 next installment

Post  Kevin Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:15 am

We have had a plumber to have a look at our boilermate 3 .He changed the heat sensor and there was still no hot water,then he changed the heat exchanger and still no hot water but he said that he had noticed that there was no water coming out of the top main pipe that feeds the heat exchanger and said he did not want to go any further with it.What does this mean??????????????????

Kevin

Back to top Go down

boilermate 3 next installment Empty Re: boilermate 3 next installment

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi kevin,

Sounds to me as though the heat store does not have any/enough water in it. A blocked internal cold fill pipe I suspect.

Suggest your plumber fits a new, external cold fill. Fit a tank connector in the side of the header tank and run a pipe down the side of the unit, remove the drain tap at the bottom and connect the new cold fill pipe into the hole.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Mike the Boilerman wrote:Hi kevin,

Sounds to me as though the heat store does not have any/enough water in it. A blocked internal cold fill pipe I suspect.

Suggest your plumber fits a new, external cold fill. Fit a tank connector in the side of the header tank and run a pipe down the side of the unit, remove the drain tap at the bottom and connect the new cold fill pipe into the hole.

Cheers, Mike
This suggestion worked it cost us £350 for the plumber to do this operation but it was well worth it because so far we have boiling hot water and can have a proper shower & a bath. Once again thanks for the help.

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down