Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little or No Hot Water in the Mornings

2 posters

Go down

Little or No Hot Water in the Mornings Empty Little or No Hot Water in the Mornings

Post  Andy Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:53 am

Hi. Great website. I've had a pulsacoil A-Class for over 4 years now with few problems. Recently there has been a lack of hot water in the mornings allowing only 1 shower and the water getting gradually colder. After that the only way to get any hot water is by using the 'boost' button which seems to be working fine.

Having looked on this forum/website I've made sure the top up tank is over half full (three quarter full now) and tried resetting the appliance through the green button on the front but unfortunately this hasn't fixed the problem. I have no flashing red light indicators on the panel and flow rate seems ok.

Anyone know how I fix this issue?

Thanks

Andy

Andy

Back to top Go down

Little or No Hot Water in the Mornings Empty Re: Little or No Hot Water in the Mornings

Post  MK Group Ltd Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Andy,

It could be a number of problems, have you a manual? if not down load one...

http://www.gledhill.net/pdfmanuals/A%20Class%20Range/PulsaCoilAClass-Iss9.pdf

Check the off-peak immersion with a multi meter it should read 18ohms. Then with the PCB you can check if any of the sesors have failed.

Let me know your findings

regards

Gary

MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Little or No Hot Water in the Mornings Empty Re: Little or No Hot Water in the Mornings

Post  Andy Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:38 am

Hi Gary

Thanks for coming back to me. I have downloaded the manual and followed your steps with the following results;

1) Off peak immersion - checked and reads 18ohms. Think this is ok.
2) Check sensors via Printed Circuit Control Board.
a) on the normal standby state taken this afternoon, all on left hand dial, flashing light indicating system running normally, on peak supply present and S6 sensor (top) calling.
b) I followed the instructions in the manual noted all the readings from the display flow chart but couldn't tell what that actually meant. So apologies in advance, this is what the PCB output was;

Sensor temperature reading. 5.1/75, 5.2/76,5.3/44,5.4/62,5.5/42,5.6/65,5.7/60
Control setpoint reading. 5.1/70, 5.2/78,5.3/35,5.4/55,5.5/74,5.6/79
Fault code indicator lock outs. c.0/ff and all /ff readings upto c.f/ff
Fault code indicator block outs. c.0/ff,c.1/29,c.2/56,c.3/29,c.4/29,c.5/56,c.6/29,c.7/29,c.8/ff and all /ff readings to c.f/ff

Something else I noticed was that the S6 off peak sensor wasn't fully in the unit. I've pushed the wire back in again.

Does this help? Thanks in advance

Andy

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:24 am

Hi Gary

Unfortunately our problem still persists. We have hot water in the morning and none in the evening which we used to before. Even the boost button doesn't seem to heat the tank sufficient.

Andy

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  MK Group Ltd Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 am

Hi Andy,

The boost button will only heat the top third of the tank, I would advise you to call a local engineer to take a look at it. Check out the home page.

Kind regards

Gary
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down