Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Boilermate - SP - A Class supplies hot water but no heat

2 posters

Go down

Our Boilermate - SP - A Class supplies hot water but no heat Empty Our Boilermate - SP - A Class supplies hot water but no heat

Post  robbjobs Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 am

Hello;
We just moved to the United Kingdom last year and are renting a house. We recently noticed that the boiler provides ample hot water but we are getting no heat from the registers, regardless of the thermostat temperature setting.

We are not familiar at all with the boiler and aren't sure how to fix the issue.

The boiler itself seems to be working, when we turn up the dial on the wall thermostat setting, you can hear a click and the boiler becomes active. We were told that the toggle rocker switch for the CH can stay on timed and the inner dial switch left in the upper position for constant 'on' CH. All of the pins are set to the outer slot of the dial. In our very amateur opinion, it seems that the issue lies with the cistern and/or blower and/or thermostat sensor.

There are 2 valves attached to pipes coming to/from the cistern (white round piece located above the boiler) and we are not sure if those valves should be open or closed. We have had the pressure read zero on the cistern until we opened the left valve, now it sits at 2.2 bar. Yet still no functional heat even though we now have pressure.

Any suggestions on where to look for clues as to the issue? Any information you have regarding the normal setting positions would be greatly appreciated. The landlord is not familiar with the system either and does not know what is wrong. The manuals are very limited in troubleshooting information and how the proper functioning of the system should look.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

P.S. My wife tried to post this topic yesterday and has had some issues, so I may be repeating this post. Our apologies if you have both posts active.

Thank you;
Robert Doyle

robbjobs

Back to top Go down

Our Boilermate - SP - A Class supplies hot water but no heat Empty Re: Our Boilermate - SP - A Class supplies hot water but no heat

Post  mike Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:13 am

Hi.
Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Is the boiler on max?
You must keep the unit heated up.
As like the BM 2000 heating will not work if the unit temperature drop below 60C.
But I must say.
Your landlord should be sorting this matter out for you.
Perhaps he really should get some one out!
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk.

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Our Boilermate - SP - A Class supplies hot water but no heat Empty Re: Our Boilermate - SP - A Class supplies hot water but no heat

Post  robbjobs Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Thanks Mike;

Yes our landlord is trying to help but we thought this way may be faster if it were a simple solution.

Can you tell me how to check the unit temperature? How do we adjust the unit temperature if it is too cold? If it is too hot?

As a side note, we have a couple questions about the cistern above the unit? I have a photoI can send but the form says 0 MB size??? The cistern is at 2.2 bar pressure right now and I am not sure that is where it should be - our landlord said it should be around 1.0. Is this a problem at 2.2? Also, the 2 valves on the pipes - should they be open or closed? They were both closed but then we had a constant zero pressure reading, once opened, the bar pressure rose to 2.2.

Thanks Mike, a clearer understanding of our system will be a great help now as well as in the future.

Appreciate your time with this. This website is fantastic and your fast reply is impressive.

Robertl

robbjobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down