Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literally begging for help/advice..

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Literally begging for help/advice.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Literally begging for help/advice..

Post  Mario.S Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:25 pm

If you have no clamp meter to test the Off Peak immersion heater, ( I guess at least one of the attending engineers has tested this before), try a £0.50 test screwdriver ( those with the led come on if power is present) , switch your Eco 7 timer to come on and test if there is any power going to the Live cable on your off peak feeding connector ( the brown cable from the 3 wire cable on the right hand of the connector block, Off peak is written on those section , under this is E " earth" N " neutral" and L " live" or in different order !!). I the tester lights, your timer should work, , 1. could be the thermostat on the immersion popped out or the immersion is faulty if this was not tested from the others chaps or if not, the eco 7 timer is faulty.
regards Mario

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Literally begging for help/advice.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Literally begging for help/advice..

Post  andrew197 Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Ok, thank you. With the screw driver test I am not in danger of killing myself through electrocution am I?!

This is for your thoughts. I have had the off peak on twice this afternoon - 2 x 4ish hours - and the following appears to have happened:-

Showers are luke warm at best
Taps are much hotter (but not hot, hot)

The shower when I turned it on produced hot feeling water for a couple of seconds, them went cold, then went to very like warm (even when I turned it to its hottest setting). Thoughts?

andrew197

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew197 Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Having said that, just washed up in decidedly luke warm water (remember off peak has had 6-7 hours this afternoon, 1 quick (rubbish) shower) only).

Arrrrgh!!!

andrew197

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:16 pm

I was talking about an electric tester screwdriver ( i.e. Wera Kraftform Voltage Tester )
, of course not an ordinary one . If you not having any of such tools, you should not try doing any DIY on the boiler and look out for someone competent may privies Gledhill employee at your local area to do this. There is nothing complicated on a Pulsacoil 2000, but of course you have to have at least a basic understanding of electric wiring and electric testing before you start doing any of those fixes for yourself.
Regards to the time you have your off peak timer on, means the bottom immersion is not doing any work, as I mentioned before and if there is nothing wrong on your Pulsacoil as they say, so what's left? Of course your Programmer do not work. So I wonder , what the complication is on that.
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Literally begging for help/advice.. - Page 2 Empty did you get it sorted ?

Post  peter p Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 am

think I now have a similar prob,have a new timer only working on boost

peter p

Back to top Go down

Literally begging for help/advice.. - Page 2 Empty Did this resolve the issue?

Post  sunny.sahdev Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:38 am

Hi, did this resolve the issue?

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2