Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil 2000 - red fault LED on - red LED on PCB off - Bristol area

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - red fault LED on - red LED on PCB off - Bristol area  Empty Pulsacoil 2000 - red fault LED on - red LED on PCB off - Bristol area

Post  bazzatoo Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Just bought a flat in Bristol that is fitted with a Pulsacoil 2000. Something is wrong, see the symptoms in the title. Also the light in the off peak swith on the wall is not lit despite being switched on.
I am a bit techy and would normaly be happy to get involved in a bit of troubleshooting but time is against me.

Can someone please give me details of an experienced repair service in the Bristol area.

Many Thanks in anticipation.

Bazzatoo

bazzatoo

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - red fault LED on - red LED on PCB off - Bristol area  Empty This may help

Post  sunny.sahdev Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:34 am

If you visit the following link, you will be able to download the self check guide which could help you. The link is below:

Pulsacoil 2000 Repairs

Now going direct to the question you have asked. The LED for the off peak will most likely come on between 23:30 - 07:00 hours, if you have an off peak supply installed.

The RED LED on the front of the panel may be indicating the overheat stat has tripped. Simple remove the cover off your Pulsacoil unit and you will notice a copper tube coming out of the unit towards the top left facing the unit. A copper wire will be in that, follow the copper wire back and you will see it goes into a brown colour device. Simple push the button in for that device and it should reset it.

To be more clear on which device I am talking about use the link below and look for this part - GT064 (The second from the bottom of the list)

Gledhill Pulsacoil 2000 Spares

This is a rear view of the stat, on the opposite side is the button. Some models have a black cap on the opposite side, simply unscrew that and you will find the reset button.

Check the water level of the system, this usually trips for the following reasons:

Water level low

Thermostat rods faulty

Overheat thermostat faulty

I really hope this helps you.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - red fault LED on - red LED on PCB off - Bristol area  Empty Thanks

Post  bazzatoo Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Many thanks sunny.sandev, I am so impressed that people like you are prepare to help.

I have reset the thermostat and things look better.
The red LED on the PCB is flashing twice every second or so which I believe indicates that it is all working ok. However , it does flash faster every so often. Also, the green indicator on the front panel of the unit does not seem to work at all.

Another thing. Last saturday when I first opened the cupboard and looked at the beast, I am fairly sure that I switched on all 3 mains switches on the wall next to the unit and all 3 lights (on the switches) came on. But now, (during the day) the light on the "off peak" switch does not come on at all when the switch is switched on.

How often is off peak power available? Could it be that saturday is also an off peak time and thats why the light came on (but not now)?

Again, many thanks

bazzatoo

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - red fault LED on - red LED on PCB off - Bristol area  Empty Different tariffs have different times.

Post  sunny.sahdev Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:55 am

Hi,

Different tariffs have different times and can come on overnight and (or) even during the day. Usually Eco 7 are set up to come on at 12:00am - 7am. Don't be shocked if the supply is not showing as on, simply leave the on-peak (off) and the eco 7 on for a few days and see how you get along.

Best of luck

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - red fault LED on - red LED on PCB off - Bristol area  Empty Re: Pulsacoil 2000 - red fault LED on - red LED on PCB off - Bristol area

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down