Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet control for heating on Boilermate A class

2 posters

Go down

Internet control for heating on Boilermate A class Empty Internet control for heating on Boilermate A class

Post  whitestar27 Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi
Do you know if it is possible to change the thermostat for something that is internet controlled? It would be great to be able to control the temperature when I'm not at home.
I'm guessing I could leave the heating rocker switch set to On, and simply replace the thermostat (currently just a Honeywell temperature dial) with something more clever (such as Tado or something else?).
It would be useful to know if something was going to work before I bought it!
Thanks
David

whitestar27

Back to top Go down

Internet control for heating on Boilermate A class Empty Re: Internet control for heating on Boilermate A class

Post  Mario.S Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:25 am

whitestar27 wrote:Hi
Do you know if it is possible to change the thermostat for something that is internet controlled? It would be great to be able to control the temperature when I'm not at home.
I'm guessing I could leave the heating rocker switch set to On, and simply replace the thermostat (currently just a Honeywell temperature dial) with something more clever (such as Tado or something else?).
It would be useful to know if something was going to work before I bought it!
Thanks
David
Hi David
You could use any open market room thermostat, also with wifi connection as you wish. All depending ,how match money you are willing to spend for a gadget. The room thermostat is on the end only an temperature controlled on of switch for the heating pump.
Hope this helps regards
Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down