Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoilerMate 2 – HW coming from Immersion rather that boiler. Not using any gas

2 posters

Go down

BoilerMate 2 – HW coming from Immersion rather that boiler. Not using any gas Empty BoilerMate 2 – HW coming from Immersion rather that boiler. Not using any gas

Post  spudgun Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:54 am

Hi

We’ve got a BM2 and Suprima 40 boiler. Both about 10 years old. Both seem to be working fine and the CH and HW operate. The only reason I think I have a problem is that we had our quarterly energy usage summary through the other day and it turns out we haven’t been using any gas (less that 200 KWH in 3 months). Our boiler has an immersion heater fitted so presume this is heating the water. I left the cupboard door open for a few days and I can hear it turning on but its not calling the boiler. We have a smart meter fitted so I checked the electricity usage and it shows peaks at odd times like the middle of the night. Again, I put this down to the immersion firing. I tried out the CH and that works fine. The boiler fires almost immediately.

Has anybody experienced anything similar to this?

Any help greatly appreciated!

James

spudgun

Back to top Go down

BoilerMate 2 – HW coming from Immersion rather that boiler. Not using any gas Empty Re: BoilerMate 2 – HW coming from Immersion rather that boiler. Not using any gas

Post  mike Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Well turn the immersion off.
The put the boiler on max.
BM II the clock works the heating.
The dial on the BM II is the unit temperature.
There are lots of posts on here ref BM II.
Have a good read through them and you will learn a lot.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down