Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2000 Suspected Intermittent PCB Fault

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2000 Suspected Intermittent PCB Fault Empty Boilermate 2000 Suspected Intermittent PCB Fault

Post  JonnyC Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:07 am

Hi All,

I have a Gledhill Boilermate 2000, l've had it for around 5 years and its been installed since 2006. Aside from the occasional hot/cold/hot shower its been fantastic, never had an issue with CH. Its fair to say that there has been no maintenance.

Yesterday l failed to get any hot water from the shower, discovered this was an issue acrosss the house. Same with CH, nothing was working. When looking at the gas boiler it had an amber light on it, meaning it was awaiting a heating request. Regardless of whether l tried to actiate the heating or hot water, nothing would work.

When l looked at the boilermate l discovered that the LCD display was completely blank, except for a small red mark on the bottom or bottom left of the left most number panel. After doing a little bit of research l came to the conclusion that my PCB had faulted, which l confirmed after a call to Gledhills Technical Support line. However in the evening l noticed my house was very warm and to my complete surprise everything was working - CH/Hot water all of it fine and l could see the boiler had a green light and was using gas to heat water appropriately. The boilermate LCD now displayed '-on' and for all intents and purposes was fine. I tried turning my CH off and back on and everything responded as it should - although the LCD remained on -on - even if there was no demand for hotwater or CH - not sure if this is correct.

Anyway - fast forward to the next morning and l check the boilermate, it looks fine still displayed '-on'. However now CH and Hot Water will not work, l again checked the boiler downstairs and it had an amber light on, despite the thermostat showing that CH should be on. I switched the boilermate over to Emergency Hot Water (LCD display just switched off) so l could get a hot shower which worked fine. When l switched the boilermate back to 'Normal Boiler Operation' the LCD display returned to only displayed a small red line. CH/Water not working on demand and my gas boiler is not showing any demand for hot water desbite me turning hot water taps on and the CH.

Do l just have a faulty PCB or could there be something more at play? I have ordered a brand new PCB (£280 :() which is due to arrive on Monday, but in retrospect l'd be happy to return that and get a refurbished one, as l now know how to use the emergency functions on the boilermate.

Any help/insight appreciated.

Many Thanks!

JonnyC

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 Suspected Intermittent PCB Fault Empty Yes

Post  mmartin Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi yes the pcb is faulty.  I can provide a refurbished one for £100 with a £45 refund when you return your old pcb so long as it is not damaged beyond repair, which it sounds like it will not be as it is doing something and not melted or similar.  See my website for details:  https://murraymartin.yolasite.com/  This video will confirm that your pcb is faulty.  Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 Suspected Intermittent PCB Fault Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 Suspected Intermittent PCB Fault

Post  JonnyC Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:30 am

Thanks for the help Murray!

Murray sent out a refurbished board on next day delivery and was extremely responsive and very helpful. Would recommend!

JonnyC

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 Suspected Intermittent PCB Fault Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 Suspected Intermittent PCB Fault

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down