Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General running of a boilermate 2000

2 posters

Go down

General running of a boilermate 2000 Empty General running of a boilermate 2000

Post  MetaRich Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:50 am

Our system will be around 22years old now. It’s a Boilermate 2000(145) supplied by an Ideal Classic FF240 boiler that I believe to be just under 12kw output.

I’ve never really scrutinised how the whole thing works but recently, it felt cold in the house so went looking. Is it normal for the stored hot water to drop below 60° and stop heating flow for a short while until boiler catches back up. Or, should the boiler be able to keep up from the word go? It drops to 59° CH knocks off, boiler flow temp creeps back up, CH starts again, boiler flow continues creeping until room stat is happy, then boiler continues and achieves a store temp of 78°. Not timed these events though yet.

Had boiler serviced and he reported it was slightly down on power so turned it up and it has been working a little better since. However, he did mention that it “might” of been a little underspec’d at initial installation and maybe the next boiler up (FF250) would have been better. Think our current one is 40000 btu and the 250 would be 50000 btu.

I’ve fitted a temperature sensor onto the flow pipe coming out of the boiler and it does appear to be reaching an 80° temperature. Maybe a little crude but was just curious. I realise it may not be overly accurate.

House is a three bed detached. One bathroom one en-suite and 11 radiators for info. The biggest rad in the lounge takes a while to get hot but does get there especially when raising house temp by around 3°. All radiator piping is 10mm plastic.

Just trying to understand the workings really of what is the normal operation of a Boilermate.

MetaRich

Back to top Go down

General running of a boilermate 2000 Empty How GT155 works

Post  mmartin Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP5-i_vi1Pw&t=18s

This video explains the general workings.

Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

General running of a boilermate 2000 Empty Re: General running of a boilermate 2000

Post  MetaRich Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:37 am

Thanks Murray, I’d already come across your video which helped to understand the ACB workings.

I suppose I was querying the health of our system and if the drop in heat from CH and pump knocking off until it reached a suitable level again, was normal or if it points to a potential problem. Never scrutinised it enough in the past to know if it’s always dropped and stopped CH pump or if it used to be able to keep up.

MetaRich

Back to top Go down

General running of a boilermate 2000 Empty Re: General running of a boilermate 2000

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down