Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Water only if Boost Button Pressed and only when Peak ho

2 posters

Go down

Hot Water only if Boost Button Pressed and only when Peak ho Empty Hot Water only if Boost Button Pressed and only when Peak hours selected

Post  paulkot Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:04 am

Hi there,

I can get hot water only during peak hours and only when I press manually the boost button. If there is offpeak hour and when I press the boost button, the boost light doesnt light up and the heating is not on. After a while when pressing the boost button anytime I wanted to get hot water, the offpeak cable inside the timer burnt down. The make of the timer is Grasslin Economy 7 Quartz Hot Water Timer. I have replaced the timer, but there is still the same fault. The timer doesnt heat by itself neither when offpeak or peak hours on and only when I press the boost button if peak hours on. The green light on Pulsa Coil 2000 is always on.

I would appreciate your help or the name of the engineer who can attend the site. I am from Kent.

Thank you.

Paul

paulkot

Back to top Go down

Hot Water only if Boost Button Pressed and only when Peak ho Empty Re: Hot Water only if Boost Button Pressed and only when Peak ho

Post  Mike the Boilerman Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:42 am

Hi Paul,

The Grasslin timer in known for burning out like this but as the new one doesn't work either, it sounds to me as though there is a fault in the off-peak heater element too. Can you trace the electricity to the heater element using a multimeter or electrical screwdriver? If so you can isolate the fault and perhaps repair it yourself as you've done the timer already. If not then yes you'll need a technician to visit. I don't know anyone your way any more but I can do it for you if you wish. Leave me a message on my mobile, 07866 766 364.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hot Water only if Boost Button Pressed and only when Peak ho Empty Re: Hot Water only if Boost Button Pressed and only when Peak ho

Post  paulkot Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Mike,

thank you very much for your reply. I think I would require your help on this one. I left voice message and hopefully you will get back to me soon.

Thank you in advance.

paulkot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down