Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enconmy 7 not working but peak boost works

3 posters

Go down

Enconmy 7 not working but peak boost works Empty Enconmy 7 not working but peak boost works

Post  camron Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:08 am

hi

recently i ran out of hot water. i tried using the peak boost switch and it seems fine, there is hot water.
The economy 7 swicth comes on at midnight but i dont have any hot water in the morning.
There is only hot water when the peak boost button is used. Pulsacoil 2000 model pc215

any ideas thanks

camron

Back to top Go down

Enconmy 7 not working but peak boost works Empty Re: Enconmy 7 not working but peak boost works

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi camron,

Yes. Failure of the lower immersion heater to do it's stuff.

Could be heater element failure, or thermostat failure, or failure of the Off Peak power supply (wall switch turned OFF by accident?), or tripping of the integrated overheat thermostat in the lower immersion heater thermostat (if it has the latest type of 'stat - turquoise in colour).

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Enconmy 7 not working but peak boost works Empty Re: Enconmy 7 not working but peak boost works

Post  Pshah Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:35 am

Hi Mike,

I have the same problem as Camron...

What is the best way to check all those potential causes?
(the only one i know for sure: the power supply is on...)

Many thanks,

Pshah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down