Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate III intermittant hotwater

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate III intermittant hotwater Empty Boilermate III intermittant hotwater

Post  Louisa Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 am

We have a boilermate III and it is a nightmare trying to find a plumber who knows how it works, thank you for this fab website! Learnt more in the pass 20 mins than 4 years. We have intermittant hot and cold water (after having the boilermate III moved a short distance), a friend (who has the same system and had a similar problem) has said that it is relatively easy to run the diagostic and replace the pcb board (if that is what it is), but I am a little hesitant. But no local plumbers seem to have ever seen one before. Any advise? Thank you Louisa.

Last edited by Louisa on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word missed out!)

Louisa

Back to top Go down

Boilermate III intermittant hotwater Empty Re: Boilermate III intermittant hotwater

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi Louisa

This sounds like a failing heat sensor to me. I'd try replacing the DHW sensor first if I were you. If that fails then it is probably water scale in the heat exchanger. I doubt the control board needs changing.

Buy a sensor from http://www.segel.co.uk/

Cheers, Mike

Louisa wrote:We have a boilermate III and it is a nightmare trying to find a plumber who knows how it works, thank you for this fab website! Learnt more in the pass 20 mins than 4 years. We have intermittant hot and cold water (after having the boilermate III moved a short distance), a friend (who has the same system and had a similar problem) has said that it is relatively easy to run the diagostic and replace the pcb board (if that is what it is), but I am a little hesitant. But no local plumbers seem to have ever seen one before. Any advise? Thank you Louisa.

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down