Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electrician "fiddled" with our Electramate.....

2 posters

Go down

Electrician "fiddled" with our Electramate..... Empty Electrician "fiddled" with our Electramate.....

Post  jesper Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 am

....and now our bills are sky high!!

Hi forum, it's been nearly a year since my last visit, but I've come across another problem recently.

An engineer came out to replace the heat exchange, and while he was here he told us he had adjusted some other setting to make sure we always had hot water/heating. (Although we never asked him to do this!!)

Now, I went to enter out meter readings online the other night and our monthy bill since he has done this has jumped from around £45 to over £100....a bit of a shock!!

On investigation, I realised that the reason for this is the "off peak usage" (meter 3) hadn't moved from the previous month, so I assume all usage is being targeted to peak times instead.

Today, when I called the guy that came out he said he couldn't come back for another 2 weeks - this is going to hit the pocket pretty hard again!

Does anyone know what he has done? Or can anyone suggest how to fix it?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

jesper

Back to top Go down

Electrician "fiddled" with our Electramate..... Empty Re: Electrician "fiddled" with our Electramate.....

Post  THERMAL SOLUTIONS Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 am

DONT WAIT 2 WEEKS DEMAND HE COMES BACK ASAP.................................
mark.
www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

THERMAL SOLUTIONS

http://www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Electrician "fiddled" with our Electramate..... Empty Re: Electrician "fiddled" with our Electramate.....

Post  jesper Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there is apparently no chance of him coming out sooner due to "health reasons"...which isn't helpful as I'm sure he could tell me what to do over the phone.

Ordinarily I would call someone else out, but it would be a £60 call-out and possibly another few quid on top for time. If I wait for the original person to come back at least it will be free as it is him who has messed it up to begin with!

I don't suppose you know what he has done at all, or better still, how to fix it?

jesper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down