Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Systemate 2000 boiler pump running 24/7 and can i fit a timer?

2 posters

Go down

Systemate 2000 boiler pump running 24/7 and can i fit a timer? Empty Systemate 2000 boiler pump running 24/7 and can i fit a timer?

Post  Billyharris70 Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi Can anyone please help?

I have a Gledhill Systemate 2000 coupled to a Potterton Suprima 50L g/fired boiler in a 2 bed flat, all about 7 years old. Is it normal when idle (hot tap or C/H not on), for the boiler to fire every 15 - 30 minutes, for about a few minutes each time. It seems that therefore the boiler is firing and cutting out about 50 - 100 times a day. Also it seems that the boiler pump is running 24/7 which seems a waste of electricity surely?

I broadly understand the principles of the system and appreciate that the boiler has to ‘top up’ the heat in the thermal store when demanded (on a thermostat I assume?), but it seems to do this frequently and 24/7, and as I live alone this seems a massive waste of gas given that I only really need hot water once a day (for shower) and occasional central heating in evening.

My question is, if the above boiler behaviour is normal, can I fit a separate timer to the boiler or thermal store that will override the call for heat from the boiler, or prevent the boiler from firing ay certain times (i.e. through the night)? If so roughly how much would you charge to fit one of these? Alternatively is it possible to employ any other method to cut down on the gas used and make the system more economical?

Billyharris70

Back to top Go down

Systemate 2000 boiler pump running 24/7 and can i fit a timer? Empty Re: Systemate 2000 boiler pump running 24/7 and can i fit a timer?

Post  busy_bay Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Did you ever find a solution to this? I also have a Systemate 2000 and the pumps run very hot all day. Gas burner always seems to be running on and off.

busy_bay

Back to top Go down

Systemate 2000 boiler pump running 24/7 and can i fit a timer? Empty Re: Systemate 2000 boiler pump running 24/7 and can i fit a timer?

Post  Billyharris70 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:00 am

To be honest i haven't had a reply, but have decided to rip the whole system out and stick in a combi boiler instead. This system has given me so much trouble over the years and cost me a small fortune in repairs / call-outs so i've had enough. Sorry i can appreciate that this this doesn't help you, so good luck with your Gledhill and finding a solution!!

Billyharris70

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down