Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil A Class - No hot water through shower, taps are OK

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil A Class - No hot water through shower, taps are OK Empty Pulsacoil A Class - No hot water through shower, taps are OK

Post  kporteous Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:20 am

HI,
I've been living in my flat for several years & had several problems with my boiler.

Now, the shower is cold, but bathroom & kitchen sink both give out very hot water.

I think that the boiler is working fine & it's the tap in the bathroom, but would like someone to quickly check this out before we buy a bath / shower mixer.

Kelvin

kporteous

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil A Class - No hot water through shower, taps are OK Empty Re: Pulsacoil A Class - No hot water through shower, taps are OK

Post  mike Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Is it a thermostatic shower?

Is so the cartridge looks to have failed.

Could be the shower has a filter blocked.

Turn off water, remove shower if possible. Check filters.

Turn water on and check water comes out of pipe work.

Depends on the make / model of your shower how easy it will be.

Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil A Class - No hot water through shower, taps are OK Empty Re: Pulsacoil A Class - No hot water through shower, taps are OK

Post  kporteous Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:02 am

HI,
Yes it is a thermostat shower.

I have taken the taps of & when the water is turned on, there is a lot of cold coming out, but not a lot of hot water. Think there might be a blockage in the pipe between where the basin splits of & the shower.

kporteous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down