Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2000

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2000 Empty Boilermate 2000

Post  Jason2021 Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:29 am

Hi All

Just looking for some advice.

I have a boilermate 2000 and everything is working ie I have hot water when needed, radiators coming on, house is warm etc but for some reason if I turn the temperature gauge to any temperature the pilot light will continually go off and on all day. So for example if I set the temperature gauge at 15, 22, 25, 28 the pilot light will come on and the house gets warm then the pilot light goes off even though the house hasn't reached the set temperature but then within 30 seconds the pilot light will come back on again. The pilot light will stay on for say 5 minutes then go back off again. This action is repeated throughout the day?

Any ideas?

Will appreciate any guidance.

Jason

Jason2021

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 Empty Pilot light

Post  mmartin Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:01 am

I assume when you say pilot light you are talking about the boiler? OK on the Boilermate 2000 the sole purpose of the boiler is to keep the Boilermate 2000 tank at the correct temperature. This means that the boiler will not necessarily fire up when you might expect it to. For example if the BM was up to full temperature and the heating kicked in there might be a delay of several minutes before the boiler fired back up. Equally the boiler might fire up at random points not because it is heating the radiators or water it is just topping up the heat store (hot tank). This YouTube video can give you an idea of how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP5-i_vi1Pw&t=251s Hope this helps. Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down