Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED

2 posters

Go down

Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED Empty Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED

Post  Spallo Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:12 am

I have a bad smell coming from my boilermate 2000 and no heating or hot water today.  The thermostat (I use Hive) has no power to it so I assume something electrical has failed?  I have put a multimeter across the 2 main fuses where power feeds into the boilermate and they seem good but that's where my know how ends.  Any ideas on what else I can check to try and identify the fault?  I can't see any burns or scorch marks anywhere.

**Updated**

My circuit board is actually black and i've been advised that the triac that has blown in the picture is likely owing to one of the pumps failing, so I need to get the pump and board replaced. How would I identify which pump though?

Last edited by Spallo on Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated information and a picture)

Spallo

Back to top Go down

Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED Empty Re: Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED

Post  Spallo Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:41 am

Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED 57ae4f10Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED 57ae4f10

Spallo

Back to top Go down

Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED Empty Gledhill burnt chip

Post  mmartin Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:08 pm

The chip that has burnt, third one up, is the solid state relay for the heating pump. It may be that the pump has failed, however it might also be that it is the main pcb failing that has caused the issue rather than the pump itself.

Could you check a few things to perhaps decide where the issue lies. I assume that there is still power to the pcb? If so are there any of the green LED on at the bottom of the pcb? Is the display on at the top and displaying -on?

I can help you with a replacement pcb, normally I offer an straight forward exchange service but obviously your pcb is somewhat the worse for wear. If you are interested could I suggest that you have a look at my website and use the contact form at the bottom to get in touch with your phone number and i can give you a ring to see if can help.

https://murraymartin.yolasite.com/

Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED Empty Re: Funny smell and no heating or hot water - UPDATED

Post  Spallo Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:56 am

Hi Murray thanks for replying. There is power to the board but no lights or display on the LED screen. I tried calling you this morning so will try again later.

Spallo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down