Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

buzzing noise stopped but the pump seems to run continuously

2 posters

Go down

buzzing noise stopped but the pump seems to run continuously Empty buzzing noise stopped but the pump seems to run continuously

Post  martin Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:15 pm

The was a very load buzzing for 30 mins then it stopped the next night I noticed that the hot water pump to the boiler appeared to be running continuously even after the boiler had stopped for some time. Looking at previous posts it sounds like the delay timer PCB may have broken, is there any way to check this before spending the money on a new one? Also is it easy to fit? The seems to be a lack of knowledgeable local repair people I would trust and Gledhill wont get out of bed for less than £390 to look at a boilermate 2!

martin

Back to top Go down

buzzing noise stopped but the pump seems to run continuously Empty Re: buzzing noise stopped but the pump seems to run continuously

Post  Mike the Boilerman Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:54 am

Hi Martin,

Yes the buzzing sounds as though one of the boards is faulty although BOTH boards are capable of making this noise! Thing is, they tend to continue working correctly even when they start the buzzing so the pump running on may be nothing to do with the board being noisy.

The pump and boiler should run when the green indicator light at the bottom of the MBII front panel is ON, and the boiler should shut down when the green light does OFF. THe boiler pump should continue to run for five minutes then shut off too.

If the green light is OFF while your boiler pump is running indefinitely then yes it must be a delay timer board fault. If it is ON then the problem is the BMII thermostat. It needs setting to match the boiler. Instructions for doing this are written on the front panel of the BMII. (Make sure the control on the boiler downstairs is set to MAX.) If you can't set the BMII stat low enough following the instructions then it will be BMII thermostat failure and you need a new one.

Cheers, Mike

martin wrote:The was a very load buzzing for 30 mins then it stopped the next night I noticed that the hot water pump to the boiler appeared to be running continuously even after the boiler had stopped for some time. Looking at previous posts it sounds like the delay timer PCB may have broken, is there any way to check this before spending the money on a new one? Also is it easy to fit? The seems to be a lack of knowledgeable local repair people I would trust and Gledhill wont get out of bed for less than £390 to look at a boilermate 2!

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

buzzing noise stopped but the pump seems to run continuously Empty Re: buzzing noise stopped but the pump seems to run continuously

Post  martin Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:09 am

thanks Mike,
I will check but I am fairly certain that even after the green light is out the boiler pump continues to run indefinitely. The buzzing has never returned and so from your comments I am fairly certain the timer delay PCB has died.
Regards
Martin

martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down