Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil a class, APA4180 - flashing light fault

3 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil a class, APA4180 - flashing light fault Empty Pulsacoil a class, APA4180 - flashing light fault

Post  Gcblee Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi
The red light on my boiler is flashing and the boiler itself is very very hot. Hot water runs from the taps but eventually goes cold.
I've got the manual and looked at the panel to find that:
- There is no "E1" "E2" or "E3" on display
- The lights which are on on the display indicate that the on peak supply and off peak supply are both on
- The right hand side decimal light (after the second digit) is flashing which according to the manual indicates that the system is locked out and needs a reset.
As such I pressed the reset button (also the activate on peak boost button) as directed in the manual.
Upon pressing the reset button:
- The right hand decimal light stops flashing
- The red LED indicator stops flashing
- The left hand decimal light starts flashing on its own indicating that the system is running normal
However after 3 seconds:
- the left stops flashing
- the right starts flashing
- the red led starts flashing
ie. back to square one.

I have turned off the system and world appreciate advice on how to fix/what to do next.
I live in a flat in Birmingham, UK which I own.
Many thanks
Graham

Gcblee

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil a class, APA4180 - flashing light fault Empty pulsacoil a class

Post  ASHLEY1 Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:58 am

Hi  hope you are well

this seems like it is faulty  pcb board

regards
Ash

ASHLEY1

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil a class, APA4180 - flashing light fault Empty Re: Pulsacoil a class, APA4180 - flashing light fault

Post  Mario.S Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:35 am

[quote="Gcblee"]Hi
The red light on my boiler is flashing and the boiler itself is very very hot. Hot water runs from the taps but eventually goes cold.
I've got the manual and looked at the panel to find that:
- There is no "E1" "E2" or "E3" on display
- The  lights which are on on the display indicate that the on peak supply and off peak supply are both on
- The right hand side decimal light (after the second digit) is flashing which according to the manual indicates that the system is locked out and needs a reset.

this sounds like two things, one yes the pcb could be faulty but the course of this problem would be some faulty relays.
I hope this helps
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil a class, APA4180 - flashing light fault Empty Re: Pulsacoil a class, APA4180 - flashing light fault

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down