Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warm but not Hot

3 posters

Go down

Warm but not Hot Empty Warm but not Hot

Post  wwtsc00 Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:08 am

Hi
My Mum has just taken over a McCarthy & Stone apartment which has an A Class boiler in it. The water is only mildly warm and I have never come across this system before.
Both the hot water and Off Peak switches are on, the green boiler light is on constantly and I have topped up the header tank. I only switched on 2 nights ago so does it take time to build up the heat, or will I find an external timer or thermostat somewhere?
Thanks for any help
Terry

wwtsc00

Back to top Go down

Warm but not Hot Empty What to do with your Pulsacoil A Class

Post  sunny.sahdev Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:08 am

Hi Terry,

The timer should be positioned near the unit. If you can not see one, check in case you have a eco 7 supply. You should see a black button near the LED on the top right hand side of your panel, press and hold that button for 2 seconds, it should light up. Once it lights up, wait about 5 hours and you should have hot water (this is the manual boost). The bottom element if it is receiving a supply may be faulty or the contactors have burnt out which is a common problem. You may need an engineer to look at the system.

Before you call anyone out, I would strongly recommend you have a read of the Self Check Pulsacoil Guide which you can find via this link: Pulsacoil A Class

This should help a little.

Regards
Sunny

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Warm but not Hot Empty Warm but not Hot

Post  wwtsc00 Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:34 am

Hi Sunny

Thanks for the reply. I have tried what you suggest and confirm that the booster is working fine. There is no timer as it is on Eco 7. I assume then that there is no timer or thermostat anywhere that needs tuning. So from what you say it must be the bottom element or contractors. I have never looked inside one of these, will it be obvious what I am looking at when I remove the cover? I am an electrician by trade so feel confident in having a go, or do you think it better to get an engineer.

Regards
Terry

wwtsc00

Back to top Go down

Warm but not Hot Empty I would always recommend you contact someone with experience

Post  sunny.sahdev Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:18 am

Hi Terry,

I would always recommend you call someone with experience, if you would like you can call us on 0800 046 1241 and we can arrange for an engineer for you. I would also recommend you check internal components for signs of burning, specifically the contactors.

I hope this helps

sunny.sahdev

Back to top Go down

Warm but not Hot Empty No Hot Water

Post  wwtsc00 Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks Sunny, it was the contractor causing the problem.
Regards
Terry

wwtsc00

Back to top Go down

Warm but not Hot Empty Great news Terry

Post  sunny.sahdev Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:34 am

I am glad you have manage to find someone competent. If you need anything else feel free to email or post

sunny.sahdev

Back to top Go down

Warm but not Hot Empty Re: Warm but not Hot

Post  Ernie marland Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:33 am

Hi mike my name is Ernie I got called out to a pulsacoil ,,a,, class the hot water won't go onto boost even thou the off peak is in the off mode, could this be the circuit board, iff so where can I buy one in Manchester ?
Regards. Ernie

Ernie marland

Back to top Go down

Warm but not Hot Empty Re: Warm but not Hot

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down