Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000?

3 posters

Go down

**new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000? Empty **new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000?

Post  Cassie24 Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:21 am

Hello,
Ive been told by my landlord that the switch for the water should be left on all the time to get hot water (not the boost button) is this correct?
They also said the best way to run it is to leave it on and not turn it on and off as and when you need water... I'm looking for the most cost effective way to run the tank. I thought that U should be able to leave switch off & still get hot water once its been heated over night?

Cassie24

Back to top Go down

**new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000? Empty Re: **new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000?

Post  Mario.S Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Cassie24 wrote:Hello,
Ive been told by my landlord that the switch for the water should be left on all the time to get hot water (not the boost button) is this correct?
They also said the best way to run it is to leave it on and not turn it on and off as and when you need water... I'm looking for the most cost effective way to run the tank. I thought that U should be able to leave switch off & still get hot water once its been heated over night?
The Pulsacoil is a night storage water heater. The Pulsacoil 2000 works also with an heat exchanger, to heat cold main water to hot water via this heat exchange from the reservard . This is operating via a control pcb and a pump. To heat the reservard up, you have 2 immersion heater fitted in your Boiler. One is the night storage operated ( bottom immersion) and one is wired as boost immersion ( the top one). To get hot water you need the Pump and PCB operating to heat the cold main water. This means, this power supply ( wall switch) has to stay on. To get you Pulsacoil cylinder heated to do so, you also have to supply your off peak immersion with electricity ( the economy 7/10 switch on the wall). This also has to be on all time and only becoming live in off peak time. The switch for the boos on the wall can stay off and would be only used if you during the day , as there is no off peak, run out of hot water and have to re heat the reservard for some extra hot water.
kind regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

**new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000? Empty Your landlord may most likely be right

Post  sunny.sahdev Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:02 am

Yes, the off peak and main unit should remain on all the time. The off peak supply will come on overnight heating the water in the cylinder and storing it for the following day. If switched off, you won't have sufficient hot water the following day.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

**new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000? Empty Re: **new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000?

Post  Cassie24 Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:18 am

Thanks for the messages. So switch is always to be on... I hope my bill wont be through the roof!!

Cassie24

Back to top Go down

**new flat** Best way to run pulsa coil 2000? Empty Just make sure you have eco 7

Post  sunny.sahdev Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:48 am

Confirm with your landlord you have an economy 7 supply in your installation that powers the bottom element. If you don't then request a 2 rate meter be installed and have an external timer installed which will help.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down