Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help - Heating does not switch off (Ideal boiler - BoilerMate2000)

4 posters

Go down

Help - Heating does not switch off (Ideal boiler - BoilerMate2000)  Empty Help - Heating does not switch off (Ideal boiler - BoilerMate2000)

Post  ranjuk Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:20 am

Details of boiler:
Boiler: Ideal classic FF360
Boilermate 2000

The heating in my house in constantly on - the problem occurred when switching the (heating) room thermostat on.... my ideal boiler randomly decided to switch itself off and on intermittently every second or so where i could hear the ignition switching off and on...the only time the boiler works fine is when the room stat is set to the off position but heating remains on.

Having thought it could possibly be the room thermostat or boiler fan - which has been replaced but with no joy the boiler system seems to be doing the same thing!

On the Boilermate the clock position has always been on the "on (up)" position I have tried positioning the clock to timer mode (centre) with the tappets pushed inthe inner or outer position the heating remains on (room thermostat set to off position).

On the same note when i use the water in my house the boiler is perfectly fine no off on ignition noises from the boiler whats so ever ONLY when the room thermostat (heating) is switched on the boiler struggles to stay on. Also please note the boiler thermostat is set to max.

Any help is welcome.

Regards
Ranj

ranjuk

Back to top Go down

Help - Heating does not switch off (Ideal boiler - BoilerMate2000)  Empty Re: Help - Heating does not switch off (Ideal boiler - BoilerMate2000)

Post  scorp Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:14 am

What is going on on LED display on Boilermate ACB when you have random boiler on/off?
Also check for any errors just in case.

scorp

Back to top Go down

Help - Heating does not switch off (Ideal boiler - BoilerMate2000)  Empty Re: Help - Heating does not switch off (Ideal boiler - BoilerMate2000)

Post  Mario.S Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:44 am

ranjuk wrote:Details of boiler:
Boiler: Ideal classic FF360
Boilermate 2000

The heating in my house in constantly on - the problem occurred when switching the (heating) room thermostat on.... my ideal boiler randomly decided to switch itself off and on intermittently every second or so where i could hear the ignition switching off and on...the only time the boiler works fine is when the room stat is set to the off position but heating remains on.

Having thought it could possibly be the room thermostat or boiler fan -  which has been replaced but with no joy the boiler system seems to be doing the same thing!

On the Boilermate the clock position has always been on the "on (up)" position I have tried positioning the clock to timer mode (centre) with the tappets pushed inthe inner or outer position the heating remains on (room thermostat set to off position).  

On the same note when i use the water in my house the boiler is perfectly fine no off on ignition noises from the boiler whats so ever ONLY when the room thermostat (heating) is switched on the boiler struggles to stay on. Also please note the boiler thermostat is set to max.

Any help is welcome.

Regards
Ranj

Also check if your gas boiler is set to maximum, if not, 1. Boiler to max, Boilermat power ( wall switch) off, wait 10 seconds and back on again. This is resetting the pcb.
I hope this helps Mario at Mario’s Boiler Service Hampshire

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  ranjuk Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi just to let you all know.. I had replaced the main PCB in the boilermate with a re-conditioned PCB - all working as normal Cost me £120 with 6months warranty.

Refering to your question - The 3 green LED,s were constantly lit and the main LED display was working displaying "ON" until i disconnected the connectors on PCB and reconnected having no display. i then checked the boilermate again after a few hours and the main display decided to come back on (must be an intermittent fault with the PCB).

O well hope this helps you with your problems.

Thanks every1

ranjuk

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:27 pm

PCB's can be a pain.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down