Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flashing red light only early in morning

Go down

Flashing red light only early in morning Empty Flashing red light only early in morning

Post  JR Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:55 am

Hi
Can you please help Pusla coil A class
The problem started a while back that the water seemed to only be luke warm to cold in the evening. Then it happened in the morning as well. The water level was quite low so I topped it up and still no difference. I thought it might be the main element (as I had a similar problem with my old pulsa coil unit in another apartment). While I waited for that to be fitter, I have been switching the boost on for about an hour or so before I go to bed. Sometimes I had to switch it off, other times it seemed to go off automatically. Then I had enough hot water in the morning for a shower but it was only tepid again in the evening.
I noticed that when I checked the boiler before going to bed only the green light was on, the red light for the boost off even if I didnt swtich it off. When I checked in the morning around 6 am the red light was flashing but by the time I left for work around 7.30 the red light had stopped and only the green light was on and it stays like that all day.
The new elements have been fitted now and I had the boost on yesterday to heat the water as it was filled up from scratch. Water hot and the red light not on when I went to bed around 1 am but at 6am when I checked it was flashing again. Then at 8 am stopped flashing.
I dont know whether there is still a fault or whether it will correct itself today. I am not going to use the boost at all to see what happens in the morning.
Do you know what this might mean please Mike?
Thanks JR

Latest - last night I did not put the boost on before going to bed. The water was only tepid in the morning but I could hear the boiler making noises in the night as if trying to heat. The red light also was not flashing.
Also if I try to put the boost on during economy seven times wont let me. So waited till about 8.30 and the put the boost on. Water heated up quite quickly and boost auto shut off about less then 1 hour.
There I think there is something wrong with the night time heating. Could it be the thermostat? or connection to the economy seven?
Hope to hear soon
Thanks

Last edited by JR on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

JR

Back to top Go down