Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Peak Immersion Problems

2 posters

Go down

On Peak Immersion Problems  Empty On Peak Immersion Problems

Post  pbsinstal Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:43 am

Hi to everyone I am new to this forum, I could do with your help. Went out to a problem with a 'A' class Pulsacoil Appliance. No hot water? removed the front cover looked for any tell tales signs of damage,smells of burning,etc.
Switched off tested continuity at both immersion heater element,nothing unusually there.18 and 19.5 ohms.
turn system back on again put my clamp meter on both immersion heater supply cables Off peak now drawing 14 amps, nothing at on peak element. Pushed the black button on front panel mark up on peak boost nothing register on clamp meter no voltage at element terminals. Read other post in this section and they talk about power relays being burnt out. Which relay are they referring to Relay R1 or R3 or is this one of the miniature relays on the PCB.

pbsinstal

Back to top Go down

On Peak Immersion Problems  Empty Re: On Peak Immersion Problems

Post  MK Group Ltd Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:05 am

Are there any error codes on the digital display?

Have you checked the off peak / on peak contactor?

regards

Gary
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  pbsinstal Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 am

No error codes showing. when i first removed the front cover on the two eight segment led displays the two segment on each led were lit. After I pressed the two small blue button underneath the led's the figures 70 and 5.1 displayed a clue to what this means on guess at temp set point and bar pressure.Probably way of the mark with that guess?
Check to see if there was voltage across the coil at R1 the on peak contactor, Nothing?
The offpeak contactor is working and the offpeak element is drawing current as heat.

pbsinstal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down