Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timer Short Circuit 3 Times in Eighteen Months

2 posters

Go down

Timer Short Circuit 3 Times in Eighteen Months Empty Timer Short Circuit 3 Times in Eighteen Months

Post  Henry_2010 Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi there, looking for some urgent advice. I have a PulseCoil A Class APA4140 boiler installed in my flat. A serious problem has occured recently. About eighteen months after installation (April 2006) the original timer switch a Sangamo Powersaver Weekly Timeswitch, underwent a short circuit and caught fire. I called out an electrical engineer who replaced the timer. This lasted a year. Same problem. This was replaced by a third Sangamo timer, but last Friday (15th October) the timer suffered the same fate as the previous two timers. This time lasting less than four months. The problem seems to be linked to the boost button as the short circuit occurs after pressing the boost button. But not immediatley, it takes a few presses of the button to instigate the short. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. So far I have been very fortunate as the short circuits have occured whilst I am at home. Obviously the potential fire hazard is a very serious matter. Cheers

Henry_2010

Back to top Go down

Timer Short Circuit 3 Times in Eighteen Months Empty Re: Timer Short Circuit 3 Times in Eighteen Months

Post  mike Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Is the time switch a 13 amp model?
Sounds to me as if is underated.
Mike.

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Timer Short Circuit 3 Times in Eighteen Months Empty Re: Timer Short Circuit 3 Times in Eighteen Months

Post  Henry_2010 Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:53 am

Checked the amp rating on the timer switch. It is 16A.

Henry_2010

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:20 am

As long as there are no relays or stat stuck on causing overheating.
Then I would contact the timer maker.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down