Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scalding hot water

2 posters

Go down

scalding hot water Empty scalding hot water

Post  colinh Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:21 am

Hi,
Following on from my prevoius mail (system firing 3 times) i have had n external pipe fitted by British Gas as a gledhill plumber was unavailable in my area. 3 days after this work was done there was a loud bang when the heating turned off and we now find that the hot water is scalding hot and also the radiators are too hot to touch when the heaing is on. I sent for British Gas and they haven't a clue what is the matter. They are also saying that the Ideal classic boiler should not on 6 and also state that there is no need for the setting on the boilermate 11 to be on the winter setting. Could it be that the thermostat in either the classic boiler or the boiler mate 11 isn't working?

colinh

Back to top Go down

scalding hot water Empty Re: scalding hot water

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:37 am

Several things:

1) Sounds to me as though BG need to read the instructons written on the front of the Boilermate. They state that the gas boiler MUST be set to MAX!

2) The summer/winter control on the Boilermate II controls the temp of the water in the store, which in turn is the temp of the water in the rads. Turn your control down and the rads will not get so hot. If this doesn't work then you need a new Boilermate thermostat.

3) I've no idea what caused the bang.

4) If the hot water is now too hot it can be adjusted by turning the green (or white) control knob on top of the brass blender valve. If this makes no difference then the blender valve needs replacing.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down